Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all had a good Holiday and an eventual, fantastic New Years! Anyway, enough of the Cheery stuff, we’re all about the numbas!
Here’s a list of things I’ll be working on going into 2016, which will be of big help into the on-going investigation of a proper Determination, Main Stat, and Weapon Damage Calculation.
- Dark Knight, Machinist and Black Mage Stat-Weights. Yes, yes, I’ve been pestered on about this for yonks, but I will slowly get them done, over time.
- White Mage, Scholar and Astrologian output calculation. A while ago, someone sent me a document of White Mage healing outputs. For some reason, the data he sent me did not work at all with my Model of wd/a+1 * str/b * det/c+1, which completely baffled me. Now, I have access to an account which has all 3 healers levelled to 60, so I will be doing a lot of data collection on them to figure out what’s going on with healing output.
- Levelling stat coefficients. As many of you may or may not know, the Level of your character plays a very important role in the calculation of stats, such as Skill/Spell Speed, Parry, Critical Hit. I’m now levelling an alt. So, what I’ve decided to do, is to redo all of my testing on my alt. I will be collecting 100s of data points every 5 levels from 30 all the way up to 55. From 55, I’ll be collecting data per level. In the end, I shall have a collection of data for 11 levels. This, should hopefully be enough data for me to see how each Stat in FFXIV scales per level and as a result, will allow me to create an even more accurate Damage Foruma Expression, than what I currently have.
- More of the Youtubes. I do have a Youtube channel, mainly aimed at Dragoon related content. However, in January, I’ll be trying to move away from this format and going back to how I started, making “General” video guys for the average Joe, whilst still making Dragoon related content AND making Podcast type content, similar to my Alexander Sucks video, or of the style TotalBiscuit has adopted and share my thoughts of the current state of the game. I may also make more mathematical videos about FFXIV, but I don’t know if there will be an interest for such content.
- Camelot Unchained is an MMO which I’ve backed and have been testing during its Alpha. It’s an MMO which I’ve been looking forward to, as it’s technically the “Spiritual Successor” to Dark Age of Camelot, one of the best PvP/RvR MMOs which ever existed. Once the NDA breaks, I will also start doing Coverage of Camelot Unchained as I will also be playing this MMO, along side FFXIV. I love PvE and I love PvP. Sadly, no MMO in the market has both, a strong PvE and PvP end-game, so might as well play 2 different games.
- As for that Theorycrafting Website I wanted to create a while back… I still have ideas on how I want to go about it. But, in the current state of FFXIV, I do not feel like investing resources into such a website. However! If 3.2 does turn out to be very, very good and pull players back into the game, I will start working on the site once more and eventually release it.
Anyway, thank you for reading guys. I’ll see you all next year in 2016!