Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all had a good Holiday and an eventual, fantastic New Years! Anyway, enough of the Cheery stuff, we’re all about the numbas!
Here’s a list of things I’ll be working on going into 2016, which will be of big help into the on-going investigation of a proper Determination, Main Stat, and Weapon Damage Calculation.
- Dark Knight, Machinist and Black Mage Stat-Weights. Yes, yes, I’ve been pestered on about this for yonks, but I will slowly get them done, over time.
- White Mage, Scholar and Astrologian output calculation. A while ago, someone sent me a document of White Mage healing outputs. For some reason, the data he sent me did not work at all with my Model of wd/a+1 * str/b * det/c+1, which completely baffled me. Now, I have access to an account which has all 3 healers levelled to 60, so I will be doing a lot of data collection on them to figure out what’s going on with healing output.
- Levelling stat coefficients. As many of you may or may not know, the Level of your character plays a very important role in the calculation of stats, such as Skill/Spell Speed, Parry, Critical Hit. I’m now levelling an alt. So, what I’ve decided to do, is to redo all of my testing on my alt. I will be collecting 100s of data points every 5 levels from 30 all the way up to 55. From 55, I’ll be collecting data per level. In the end, I shall have a collection of data for 11 levels. This, should hopefully be enough data for me to see how each Stat in FFXIV scales per level and as a result, will allow me to create an even more accurate Damage Foruma Expression, than what I currently have.
- More of the Youtubes. I do have a Youtube channel, mainly aimed at Dragoon related content. However, in January, I’ll be trying to move away from this format and going back to how I started, making “General” video guys for the average Joe, whilst still making Dragoon related content AND making Podcast type content, similar to my Alexander Sucks video, or of the style TotalBiscuit has adopted and share my thoughts of the current state of the game. I may also make more mathematical videos about FFXIV, but I don’t know if there will be an interest for such content.
- Camelot Unchained is an MMO which I’ve backed and have been testing during its Alpha. It’s an MMO which I’ve been looking forward to, as it’s technically the “Spiritual Successor” to Dark Age of Camelot, one of the best PvP/RvR MMOs which ever existed. Once the NDA breaks, I will also start doing Coverage of Camelot Unchained as I will also be playing this MMO, along side FFXIV. I love PvE and I love PvP. Sadly, no MMO in the market has both, a strong PvE and PvP end-game, so might as well play 2 different games.
- As for that Theorycrafting Website I wanted to create a while back… I still have ideas on how I want to go about it. But, in the current state of FFXIV, I do not feel like investing resources into such a website. However! If 3.2 does turn out to be very, very good and pull players back into the game, I will start working on the site once more and eventually release it.
Anyway, thank you for reading guys. I’ll see you all next year in 2016!
I’ve taken too long to publish these. Still working, very slowly, on Dark Knight ones. I’ve honestly just not had enough time to sit down and finish it… The following weights were derived using a Dragoons Damage Formula, so these aren’t the most accurate weights. I still need to do a lot of Data Collection to get them accurate. Anyway, here they are for Warrior + Paladin in both Stances:
- STR: 1.000
- WD: 9.607
- DET: 0.132
- CRT: 0.152
- Sw/Oath SS: 0.091
- Sh/Oath SS: 0.104
Warrior w/ Deliverance
- STR: 1.000
- WD: 9.874
- DET: 0.133
- CRT: 0.158
- SS (Once at 480+ for 9 GCD Berserk): 0.125
Warrior w/ Defiance
- STR: 1.000
- WD: 9.874
- DET: 0.133
- CRT: 0.151
- SS (Once at 480+ for 9 GCD Berserk): 0.122
Here’s an update to the list! Now included Ninja and Summoner!. I’ll get to work with Machinist and maybe Black Mage in the near future.
Continue reading “Updated 3.0 Weights”
Don’t talk about Parsers, ACT, recording data, log files or anything of the sort, on the official forums anymore. You have been warned. Square Enix’s forum moderation team can’t make up their mind on what is and isn’t safe to talk about.
Don’t get mad at the FFXIV Developers, as the Forum Moderators are in a completely different department in Square Enix and have literally no affiliation with the actual FFXIV Community Reps, Developors or others who are directly involved in the game.
It’s a shame, I guess, but their Moderation Team was the worst I’ve ever seen in any MMORPG anyway so I’m glad I’m no longer a part of it.
I guess it’s time to start moving on with other plans of mine.
I currently only have 3 jobs done so far. Honestly, the Summoner is taking up too much of my time… I’m dreading doing the Machinist. I’ll get the Ninja done very soon.
All Formulas are up in the “Damage Mechanics and Formulas” page. If you click on the 3 lines on the top right corner, it’ll open up a menu which you can use to navigate my posts. Anyway, here’s the current and most updated damage formulas:
Critical Hit Chance
Critical Hit Damage
Skillspeed on GCD
UPDATE: My ban has now been lifted, but I will still continue posting on this blog as I do not wish to clog up the official forums as much. Plus, it’s easier to reference all the up to date work if it’s on this blog, rather than being scattered all around the DPS forums.
I’ll continue my work here as usual, but also include all of my Dragoon related work in 3.0 if I do not get my ban lifted… That also includes the Machinist which will be my Alt Job!
I may also have one or two more things planned in the future, as I believe there needs to be a platform in place for real hardcore FFXIV enthusiasts and theorycrafters to discuss together in peace and harmony, away from the evil Square Enix Moderation Team.